Friends of UW Health
Friends is a not-for-profit organization committed to supporting UW Health patients and their family-related needs and to enhancing patient care, education and community service. Financial donations are used to support programs and services that directly benefit patients and their families such as the Wigs for Patients program, Reach Out and Read, iPads for patient education and distraction, communication assistance for ventilated patients, support of the Hilary Grace Healing Garden, and much more.
As a Friends member, you join efforts to fund programs and services that directly benefit our patients and families.
Examples of Friends funding include:
• Support of patients and families at American Family Children’s Hospital through the “Greatest
• Ongoing support of the Wigs for Patients program providing free wigs, wig styling and supplies to approximately 400 UW Health patients annually.
• Patient and Family Housing Fund. Provides hotel rooms for patients and families who lack financial resources.
• Dogs On Call Therapy Animals training manuals. The positive benefit of therapy animal visits on our patient’s mental health can lead to faster recover.
• A trellis to provide shade in the Hilary Grace Healing Garden.
• Several “Buzzy Bee” units to aid in pain control and distraction for pediatric patients
• Electric cart for guest service ambassadors to transport patients throughout the hospital.
• Brushes and hair ties for patients in our Pediatric Intensive Care Unit who have been in a trauma event and become bedridden for days and get massive nests of tangles that can become very painful to brush out.
• TriStander 58 Tumble Forms for patients who need to start standing after complex orthopedic surgeries, but are not ready to do so on their own.
• Swings, Mobiles, Vibrating machines, developmental mirrors for cribs and positioning devices to help sooth babies in the American Family Children’s Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit.
• iPads for patient education and distraction.